A heavy construction machinery manufacturer is on the hunt for a skilled hydraulic engineer to join their team. This person will focus on both hydraulic and pneumatic components going into a variety of construction machinery, which will include R&D, design, testing and troubleshooting responsibilities.
- Research, develop, design, analyze and test hydraulic and pneumatic systems for use in current and future construction products to be sold in North America
- Keep up to date on North American standards and requirements for hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Develop new methods and procedures of testing as needed, to include consistent and proper documentation
- Focus on initiatives that guarantee longer and more consistent machine uptime and reduced production costs
- Thoroughly understand customer and market needs and help to strategize new, innovative ways to improve machinery that results in increased customer satisfaction
- Work cross functionally with other departments, including technicians and product support, providing backup technical expertise and assistance with technical publications
- Accept, translate and implement input from all feedback sources; to include customers, technicians, sales representatives, etc.
A Few Qualifications
- 5 years of hands on hydraulic design experience and manufacturing familiarity with heavy equipment
- Strong and complete project management experience, including meeting budget and timelines
- Familiarity with electrical schematics and drawings
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication, analytical and teamwork skills